Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Bible: A Reflective Post

The bible has done nothing but fuel my curiosity on history, my current beliefs, the human mind, man’s mind (capitalism’s mind), religion, values, reality, truth, perfection, and basically everything. I tried to see it kind of like a story, something that has nothing to do with me and I was only going to interpret it within it. But that’s impossible since it’s also like any other story and you can relate it to anything you know. The characters in the bible are just like any other characters now; I used to see them as these historical characters followers of God with absolutely no flaws, storytellers that teach us lessons that are always good for us. For some reason I’ve started looking at the church kind of like a sect looking for followers or a company that needs investors. I think I have learnt and gone beyond the interpretations given to me. Instead I can see it with my own eyes and know what it is that I think about it. I’m not saying that the bible was specifically made to brainwash the entire Catholic community or anything, but of course there has to be a bias. I am talking about this in the most hypocritical way since coincidentally my family has started going to church every Sunday and I’m not about to be excluded. So every time I go in and listen to the sermon I don’t know in which perspective to listen to it. I just take the first thought that comes up and go from there. Most of my thoughts have similar thinking as my blog posts on the bible, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment